Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Most Amazing Carrot Cake

I just realized that I haven't put any dessert recipes up! Ahh what's wrong with me? I loveeee desserts!
I go through weird cravings... and when I crave something I go crazy until I get it... I can't imagine what I'll be like when I'm pregnant! Haha.
I have always wanted to find the most amazing carrot cake, my mom made a really good one growing up and when I asked her for the recipe all she said was " find a basic recipe and then add all the stuff you want in it" so i followed her instructions and it came out amazing... some people like raisins i personally don't... my favorite things in carrot cake are walnuts and pineapple! I hope you like it!

Ingredients:
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. grated carrots
1 c. crushed pineapple ( drained)
3/4 c. walnuts

Instructions:
1. Grease and flour 9 inch cake pan
2. Heat oven 350 degrees
3. In a medium sized bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. In a mixing bowl mix together sugar, oil and eggs with an electric mixer.
5. Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture and mix together
6. Add carrots, pineapple and walnuts
7. Place batter in cake pan
8. Bake for 25-30 mins. checking center for doneness.
9. Cool.

Frosting:
1 pkg 8oz cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. With electric mixer mix together cream cheese and butter until fluffly
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, mix well.
3. After carrot cake cools frost cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com