Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chicken Parmesan in a bed of Angel Hair Pasta

Angel hair pasta is my favorite kind of pasta... I am not sure why but I really enjoy eating it! I had never had this recipe except at a restaurant but Austin suggested it for dinner one night and I thought I should give it a try... well it is now a new favorite for us and its a lot easier to make than I imagined!

Ingredients:
2 c. of pasta sauce ( I use different kinds, fire roasted tomatoes, four cheese this is really up to you)
1 large egg
2/3 c. dry bread crumbs
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. olive oil
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small bowl, beat egg and water. In shallow dish mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Cut chicken breasts in half to thin them out. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
3. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink in center.
4. In an un-greased 11x17 in glass baking dish, pour 1/2 c. of pasta sauce then place the chicken overlapping it slightly. Pour the rest of the sauce and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
5. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is light brown.
6. While the chicken is being baked, cook angel hair pasta al dente.
7. Serve pasta with chicken & sauce on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com