Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken Tetrazzini

To be honest I had never heard of this recipe but while looking for something new I came across it and it caught my eye. It does have mushrooms which i love... but I am sorry if you don't! It doesn't quite taste as good without them! I recommend you try it!

Ingredients:
1 package (7oz) spaghetti ( or angel hair) broken into thirds.
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp water
2 c. cubed cooked chicken ( or turkey)
1 jar (4.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained.
( or you can use fresh mushrooms, about 1 1/2 cups)
grated parmesan cheese

Instructions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook and drain pasta as instructed on package
3. Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
4. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
5. Remove from hear and stir in broth and whipping cream. ( I also added a bit of garlic powder)
6. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, boil and stir for 1 minute.
7. Stir in pasta, water, chicken and mushrooms into sauce.
8. Pour mixture into an un-greased casserole.
9. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
10. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until bubbly in the center
11. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com