Monday, March 1, 2010

New England Clam Chowdah....

Yesterday was a chilly, rainy day in Arizona... loved it haha it has been a while since I had experienced one of those and of course it made me crave a yummy warm chowdah. I have never made it so I did a bit of research and then ended up making up my own recipe (typical me) and it actually turned out really yummy.... so here it is.



Ingredients:
1/2 package of bacon cut into small bites
1 C. chopped onions
4-5 red potatoes cubed
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 C. clam juice ( from canned clams)
1 C. half & half
3 small cans of minced clams
salt & pepper to taste


Instructions:
1. In a stock pot cook bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from pot leaving the bacon grease.
2. In the same pot saute onion and potatoes.
3. Sprinkle potato mixture with the flour, make sure potatoes are lightly covered.
4. Open canned clams and pour juice into a glass measuring cup ( about 1 1/2 cups)
5. Pour clam juice into stock pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 12-15 mins.
6. Add half & half and stir well.
7. Pour clams into pot and let simmer for 5 mins.
8. Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com