Saturday, May 29, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I love broccoli cheese soup any time of the year for any meal! I always get it as a side soup at whatever restaurant it is offered! I found this amazing recipe and I love to make it and enjoy it with a bread bowl! Yum.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 medium chopped onion
1/4 c. melted butter
1/4 c. flour
2 c. half & half cream
2 c. chicken stock
2 c. chopped broccoli
1 c. grated carrots
1/4 tsp nutmeg
8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt & pepper

1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter
2. In a stock pot cook melted butter & flour using whisk over medium heat for 3-5 mins. stirring constantly.
3. Add half and half and mix well.
4. Add chicken stock and simmer for 10 mins.
5. Add broccoli, carrots and onions to stock pot cook over low heat for 15-20 mins.
6. Add salt & pepper.
7. Stir in cheese and nutmeg and simmer for 10 mins.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com